Volunteer Opportunities for Individuals:
- Clinic Volunteers – We’re always in need of an extra set of hands at our low-cost Spay & Neuter Clinic. Responsibilities as a clinic volunteer include things like assisting pet parents with check-in, doing laundry throughout the day, sanitizing surgery equipment, putting together care packs for pet parents to take home, and assisting with the check-out process. Ideally, we need volunteers to sign up and commit to regular schedule if possible.
- Foster Volunteers – If you love pets but aren’t ready to adopt, opening your home as a foster to a dog or cat in need is a great way to help out. A foster home is a temporary living situation for pets to live while we find their perfect forever homes. The number of animals we can save depends entirely on the number of people who open their homes and hearts. We’ve tailored our foster program to make it as easy as possible, give you the support you need, and work with you to find the best match possible for your home and lifestyle. For more information on becoming a foster volunteer, go to www.saveanangel.org/rescue/foster.
- Pet Food/Supplies Drive – As a small animal welfare organization, we rely heavily on donations and support from our community to provide for the pets we serve. You can help by coordinating a pet food & supplies drive in your office, neighborhood, school, etc. It’s as easy as:
- Create a simple flyer to share information on what types of items you’re collecting and where people can drop off their donations.
- Post the flyer in a high foot traffic area and share with your network via e-mail and social media to spread the word
- Contact Save An Angel’s Development Coordinator at Ashley@saveanangel.org, when you’re pet drive is complete. We will help coordinate a pick up or drop off time that is convenient for you.
Volunteer Opportunities for Groups:
Looking for a team building activity at work or a way to volunteer with a group of friends? We’ve got you covered! Below are just a few ways to volunteer with Save An Angel as a group.
- Host a fundraising event: Whether it’s yoga with puppies, a 5K walk or run, bake sale, or a Yappy Hour benefiting SAA, we can help you coordinate a FUN fundraising event through our network of partners.
- Event Sponsorship: Save An Angel has opportunities for event sponsorship throughout the year! From weekend adoption fundraising events, to our annual fundraising benefit with 200+ guests, your company can join in on the fun as a sponsor, receive fun perks, and help raise funds and awareness for pets in need at the same time.
- Program Sponsorship: As a program sponsor, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact. Our programs save and support hundreds of pets each year, and with program sponsorship we can do even more. Our programs include our Spay & Neuter Clinic & Community Outreach Program, Animal Rescue Program, and Operation Relocation Transport Program.
- Matching donations: Empower and support your employees by matching their donations.
- Professional Expertise:Offer your unique professional skills to help grow our organization. Are you a graphic design wiz or PR expert? Make an impact by donating your unique skills and time.
For more information on the above opportunities or to discuss customized volunteer options for your group, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Put together home care kits for pets to go home with after their surgeries at our Spay & Neuter Clinic
- Make DIY Blankets and Toys for the pets in our Foster Program
- Share photos of our adoptable pets in your company newsletter